Friday, May 13, 2011

Welcome to Maine!

Have you ever wanted to visit Maine? This site will showcase some of my favorite pictures I've taken of Maine, especially southern Maine and Portland. I have lived in Maine most of my life, and have traveled extensively.

I can now honestly say there is absolutely nowhere that I would rather live than Maine. I love its natural beauty, its charm, how everything is just the right size - you have everything you need, but it's not too big or crowded too navigate. I love the cobblestone streets of Portland and the Old Port, of walking down among quaint shops and restaurants to the water. I love hanging out in Monument Square, looking up at the blue sky and thinking it will last forever. It's only a mile to the East End Beach or less than ten minutes by car to the Spring Point Lighthouse.

There's just a certain charm about Portland, a magic that you feel walking around it. To me, it feels like home. There are few things that I would rather be doing than strolling around the Old Port, from Monument Square and Tommy's Park to Commercial Street and the ocean.

I'd love to show you what I mean. Care to come along for a tour? I'll show you just what makes this town so special. On the right, in the archives, you will see a tour of several different parts of southern and central Maine. Happy viewing!

No comments:

Post a Comment